Open Source @ Atlassian
Developer, Educator, Speaker, Writer
I have lived in...
- Sydney, AU
- San Francisco, US (currently)
- Boston, US
I have worked at...
- Atlassian - (April 2017 - Present)
- Thinkmill - (April 2017 - January 2018)
- Facebook - (June 2016 - March 2017)
- CloudFlare - (September 2014 - June 2016)
- Pole Star Space Applications - (December 2013 - September 2014)
- Tuatara Corp - (April 2013 - December 2013)
- CoachUp - (August 2012 - April 2013)
Things I'm writing...
- The Super Tiny Type Checker
- (Untitled book on algorithms)
- (Untitled book on software design patterns)
Talks I've given...
- SydJS (Sydney, AU): "Open Source is my Dorky Family"
- ffconf (London, UK): "Rethinking the Web Platform"
- Front-end Forum - Atlassian (Sydney, AU): "(Unannounced project tech preview)"
- CODEC Go - University of Santo Tomas (Manila, PH): "Zero to Binary Search Tree"
- JSConf Asia (Singapore, SG): "Zero to Binary Search Tree"
- ReactNL (Amsterdam, NL): "How to build a compiler"
- JSConf China (Nanjing, CN): "How to build a compiler"
- React Rally (Salt Lake City, UT): "Zero to Binary Search Tree"
- Full Stack (Denver, CO): "How to build a compiler"
- Camp JS VII (Sydney, AU): "How to build a compiler (aussie edition)"
- EmberConf 2016 (Portland, OR): "How to build a compiler"
- Modern Web UI (Moutain View, CA): "Babel Sucks"
- Microsoft Web Platform (Redmond, WA): "A Hastily Made Presentation about Babel"
- NodeSF (San Francisco, CA): "Build Smarter with Babel"
- Edge Conf 2015 (London, UK): "Panel - Progressive Enhancement"
- SFJS Meetup (San Francisco, CA): "Introduction to 6to5: Transpile ES6+ to Vanilla ES5"
- SFJS Meetup (San Francisco, CA): "Babel" (with Sebastian McKenzie)
- Dancing with Marionette (New York City, NY): "Marionette State of the Union"
- (No future talks currently planned)
Things I'm working on...
- get-typed (private)
- bolt-releases (private)
- landkid (private)
- bolt-doc (private)
- jrvs (private)
- semipack (private)
Open Source Projects...